Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Final Crisis- Really?

Okay, so recently DC has let out the "big reveal" that what the series Countdown is counting down to is something that's going to be called Final Crisis.

I liked Crisis on Infinite Earths. I like the old JLA/ JSA crisis crossovers from years gone by. I liked Identity Crisis and Infinite Crisis. The cynic in me, though, says that this Final Crisis will not live up to the hype.

For starters, in what way will it be a final crisis? Is it really going to be the last time DC uses the word crisis in a miniseries title? Is it going to kill the DC Universe as we know it? Is it going to mean more Man of Steel and Year One- type retcons?

I guess I should just suspend the cynicism and see what happens. We will be in the able hands of Grant Morrison after all.

No comments: